- The 2022 Nedbank and Old Mutual Budget Speech Competition will close on 30 June 2022.
- Only online entries will be accepted.
- Once submitted, copyright of the essays vests with the sponsors.
- The winners for 2023 will be announced at the competition banquet in February 2023
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Who May Enter
- The following students are eligible to enter :
- Full-time or part-time students.
- Postgraduate or undergraduate students.
- Students registered for an economics course at any recognised South African institution for higher learning (including the Military Academy and the Universities of Technology).
- Category winners from previous years are not eligible to re-enter their category in subsequent years;
- However, undergraduate category winners may enter the post-graduate category when eligible.
- Nedbank and Old Mutual staff, their agents and families are not eligible to enter.
- Entrants may enter each category more than once during their university careers.
- In the postgraduate category only Honours or first-time Master’s students may enter.
- Entrants must:
- Be South African citizens or citizens of any countries below (Botswana, eSwatini, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe) OR hold permanent resident status in South Africa.